Bitcoin (BTC) Price: September Is Historically Its Worst Month Of The Year
✍️ 14 October, 2022 - 10:44 👤 Editor: Jakub Motyka
- Historical Bitcoin (BTC) price data reveals that September is usually a bad month for the price of this cryptocurrency.
- The Bitcoin (BTC) price has fallen to the $19,000 barrier.
- The latest news about cryptocurrencies, in our Telegram channel.
The price of Bitcoin (BTC) is suffering this month of September. When it seemed that it had already managed to rise to around $25,000, the price of this cryptocurrency has plummeted again and is currently playing dangerously with $19,000. But there are some 'good' news: it is normal for Bitcoin (BTC) to be in red during this month of September, at least according to historical data from its price.
Bitcoin (BTC) and its price day after day is the best example of the crypto-winter that cryptocurrencies are currently going through. After registering a maximum of $68,789.63 at the end of last year, the price of Bitcoin has fallen to $17,708.62, which represents a fall of about 75% of its value.
September, A Red Month For The Price Of Bitcoin (BTC)
According to an analysis by Chase.com, September tends to be a bad month for investments. The price of Bitcoin, and the cryptocurrency market in general, is not exempt from this reality: if the monthly returns of Bitcoin are analyzed since 2013, only there have been 3 years in which its price has increased during this month of the year:
Compared to the rest of the months, it is very clear that September is one of the worst months for the price of Bitcoin. Year after year it registers falls during this month in question, and the few increases it has had in September (2022, 2016 and 2015) correspond to very low percentages (0.05%, 6.04% and 2.35%, respectively) compared to increases in other months of the year.
It's Also A Bad Month For Stock Market Investments
The analysis of the price of Bitcoin in September goes hand in hand with what happens with the shares on the stock market during this same period of time. In the S&P 500, which allows using historical data from the year 1928, the monthly return in the month of September is calculated at -1.1 %, being the most negative month of the year for stocks.
September is a negative month for investments in general due to several factors. The expenses of going back to school, added to the usual process of collecting profits that investors carry out at this time of year, end up dragging the price of assets year after year towards red figures.
In the midst of this crypto winter, and with very tough measures still to be announced by central banks, the truth is that it does not seem that September of this year 2022 is going to be an exception for the price of Bitcoin ( BTC).
More news about cryptos:
- Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) Volume Drops 50%, Crash Coming?
- Trezor Crypto Wallet Now Allows To Buy Cryptocurrencies
- Celsius Network Will Only Return 22% Of The Funds To Its Customers
- $200,000 Price Prediction For Bitcoin (BTC) In The Current Economic Cycle - 7 de December de 2023
- Cardano (ADA) Price Prediction Points To $0.75 In December - 7 de December de 2023
- SEC Won't Appeal Court Decision On Grayscale's Bitcoin ETF - 14 de October de 2023