Cardano (ADA) Hits 3,000 Smart Contracts On The Eve Of Its Vasil Upgrade
✍️ 5 September, 2022 - 6:33 👤 Editor: Jakub Motyka
- Cardano has passed the 3,000 smart contract mark within its blockchain.
- This is a significant achievement, less than a year from the implementation of Alonzo.
- IOG CEO assured that the Vasil hard fork is closer than ever.
Cardano (ADA), the scientific blockchain, has reached mark of 3,000 smart contracts developed within their own network. For the community, this is an important event, since it occurs at just eleven months after the Alonzo update. This recent update allowed the implementation of smart contracts within the mainnet.
Despite the uncertainty surrounding the delay of the Vasil hard fork, Cardano continues to make waves. According to data from Cardano Blockchain Insights, the network has more than 3,015 smart contracts developed on the Plutus platform. This means that, in just 6 months, it has tripled the number of active projects within its ecosystem, which promises a bright future for the network.
Cardano (ADA) At The Epicenter Of All The News
In addition to achieving an important milestone in the history of the network, the Cardano ecosystem has made headlines in recent days. Recently, the Trust Wallet added the ADA cryptocurrency to its platform, and Ledger Live announced its support for nearly 100 cardano-based tokens. Finally, yesterday Sygnum Bank of Switzerland launched a cardano staking service. This means that it opens the doors of the network, easily and safely, to institutional investors.
The aforementioned has happened on the eve of the long-awaited Cardano Vasil hard fork, which aims to improve the speed and scalability of the network. Similarly, despite the announcement of the delay, Charles Hoskinson, CEO of Input Output Global (IOG), assures that the update is closer than ever, and is moving in the right direction. In conclusion, the network will become more attractive for smart contracts and DApps, and will surely continue to break records throughout the year.
Latest crypto headlines:
- Solana Wallet Users Suffer A New Hack With Millions Of Dollars Stolen
- The Nomad Team Ignored The Vulnerability That Allowed The Breach
- Zipmex Resumes Withdrawals From Its Z Wallet
- Who Is The Creator Of Binance? - 14 de December de 2022
- How Many Satoshis In A Bitcoin? How Many Sats Has 1 BTC? - 28 de November de 2022
- 5 Best Cheap Crypto To Buy Now - 28 de November de 2022