FTX Wants To Buy Celsius (CEL) After The Resignation Of Its CEO
✍️ 28 September, 2022 - 10:23 👤 Editor: Jakub Motyka
- Rumors are emerging about FTX's interest in buying the assets of bankrupt crypto-lending company Celsius Network (CEL).
- The news comes a few hours after the resignation of the CEO of Celsius until now, Alex Mashinsky, pointed out as one of those responsible for the bankruptcy of the company.
- The latest news about cryptos, in our Telegram channel.
The US exchange FTX wants to go shopping again. After acquiring Voyager Digital, FTX would now be interested in buying broken Celsius (CEL), according to sources close to the company. The news comes a few hours after the resignation of Alex Mashinsky, until now CEO of Celsius Network, became known. .
Celsius Network is a cryptocurrency loan company that in the middle of this year had to declare bankruptcy due to the impossibility of responding to the debts it had acquired with its customers. The CEO was accused of being responsible for the bankruptcy, with employees speaking of a lack of organization, bad investments, and a high level of risk.
FTX Would Be Interested In Buying The Bankrupt Celsius Network (CEL)
As has happened with the bankrupt Voyager Digital, it is to be hoped that Celsius Network will go up for auction soon. According to sources close to the sector, FTX would be one of the first interested in bidding for the remains of Celsius, coinciding with the fact that precisely this cryptocurrency exchange is looking for a financing round of one thousand million dollars.
At the moment it is unknown what the FTX bid will be, not even if the US exchange will be interested in acquiring the total assets of Celsius Network, or only part of them. It is also not known how this potential acquisition will affect Celsius's return plans with its customers.
It should be remembered that FTX recently won the Voyager Digital auction with a bid of 1.42 billion dollars.
Celsius (CEL) Price Recovers From Decline After CEO Alex Mashinsky Resigns
The price of the Celsius cryptocurrency (CEL) suffered a slight drop in the last 24 hours with the news of the departure of its CEO, Alex Mashinsky, but in the last few hours it has managed to recover until trading again at $1.54, with a 1.94% rise in the last 24 hours.
More crypto news:
- This Month's Coinbase Earn Quiz (Rewards for Learning) Answers
- 5 Things You Should Know About Shibarium, The Shiba Inu (SHIB) Layer 2
- Russia Will Use The Digital Ruble For Its Payments With China
- Bitcoin's Bull Market To Be Confirmed In Less Than A Week - 27 de March de 2023
- Coinbase calls on developers to build inflation-linked stablecoins - 27 de March de 2023
- Save 10% Buying Your Ledger Crypto Wallet During This Black Friday - 25 de November de 2022