How To Add Binance Smart Chain (BSC) To MetaMask
✍️ 25 October, 2022 - 5:21 👤 Editor: Jakub Motyka
- MetaMask is a tool that allows you to store cryptocurrencies and use them to interact with the blockchain.
- It is compatible with various networks such as Ethereum (ETH), Binance Smart Chain (BSC) or Polygon (MATIC), among others. For this, it needs to be configured correctly: see how to add Binance Smart Chain (BSC) to MetaMask.
- The latest news about cryptos, in our Telegram channel.
If you are starting out in the world of cryptocurrencies, you have surely heard of the MetaMask virtual wallet and the Binance Smart Chain (BSC). With it, it is possible to store and use digital assets in the different blockchains, such as Ethereum (ETH), Binance Smart Chain (BSC) or Polygon (MATIC), among others. For this, it is necessary to configure it properly.
The Binance Smart Chain (BSC) is a blockchain that allows you to run applications based on smart contracts at low cost. Its compatibility with the EVM makes it an important rival for the current Ethereum network, as it is much faster and cheaper in comparison.
However, when interacting with your smart contracts with MetaMask and other applications, these require special configuration. Let's see how you can configure MetaMask to add the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) network.
How To Add Binance Smart Chain (BSC) Network To MetaMask?
To add the Binance Smart Chain network in MetaMask, you have to follow a series of steps.
First, in the main MetaMask panel, select the Network Selection tab. This will show the Ethereum Main Network (ETH) as default. Among the options you will find Custom RPC, or Custom RPC. Click on it, and a window will be displayed where you must enter the following data:
- Network Name: Binance Smart Chain.
- New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/
- String ID: 56.
- Symbol: BNB.
- URL of the block scanner: https://bscscan.com
After clicking save, you will be able to access the BSC automatically by selecting it in the main panel. If the setup has been completed successfully, your MetaMask wallet will show the BNB balance by default, instead of ETH. This means that you will already be using the wallet with the BSC or Binance Smart Chain network.
Please note that BEP-20 tokens will have to be added manually by clicking “add custom tokens”. To do this, you will need the token's smart contract, available on BscScan or CoinMarketCap. Be sure to verify that it is the real contract before doing so.
How Can I Add The Binance Smart Chain Testnet?
Developers or curious who wish to experiment with the Binance Smart Chain, have at their disposal the BSC Testnet. It is a test network where they can interact and develop smart contracts, without the risk of losing funds due to an error. It is possible to add it using the same procedure, changing some data:
- Network name: Smart Chain – Testnet.
- New RPC URL: https://data-seed-prebsc-1- s1.binance.org:8545/
- Chain ID: 97.
- Symbol: BNB.
- Block explorer URL: https://testnet.bscscan.com
More crypto guides:
- What Is The Most Profitable To Mine Crypto
- Best Bitcoins Mining Software (And Also More Cryptos)
- What Is Rug Pull In Crypto?
- Who Is The Creator Of Binance? - 14 de December de 2022
- How Many Satoshis In A Bitcoin? How Many Sats Has 1 BTC? - 28 de November de 2022
- 5 Best Cheap Crypto To Buy Now - 28 de November de 2022
Leave a Reply