In October Crypto Hackers Have Made Gold
✍️ 13 October, 2022 - 8:05 👤 Editor: Jakub Motyka
- During the month of October alone, crypto hackers have stolen more than $718 million.
- 2022 is poised to become the year that the most money has been lost to hackers' attacks on crypto.
- The latest news about crypto, in our Telegram channel.
October is on track to become one of the most profitable months in history for cryptocurrency hackers, and that's not yet we have not even reached the middle of the month. As revealed by data from Chainalysis, October has been the month with the highest number of crypto hacks so far this year.
In a year 2022 that is already close to taking the first place in history in the amount of money hacked in crypto attacks since there are records of it, October has the dubious honor of having become the month of the year with the greatest amount of stolen money in hacker attacks on cryptocurrency projects.
In October Alone, 718 Million Dollars Were Stolen In Hacker Attacks On Cryptos
In the month of October alone, cryptocurrency project hackers managed to seize more than 718 million dollars. They have done so through 11 attacks on different DeFi platforms, thus raising the amount of money stolen this year in cryptohacker attacks to a sum that will soon be above the 3 billion dollars.
The cross-chain bridges have become the main target of these hacker attacks. Only during this month, attacks such as the one on Binance's BNB network, with more than 100 million dollars stolen, or the Solana (SOL) Mango Markets DeFi protocol, with more than 100 million dollars, have made the number of crypto hacks skyrocket.
2022: A Year With Fewer Hacker Attacks On Crypto Projects, But With Much More Money Stolen
Interestingly, 2022 is a year in which there are fewer hacker attacks on crypto projects than during the past year 2021. But what is happening is that these attacks are being much more profitable, to such an extent that they are about to outperform last year:
With just over 100 crypto hacker attacks in 2022, the amount of money stolen now amounts to $3 billion, very close to what was lost with the more than 200 crypto hacker attacks in 2021.
More crypto news:
- How The SEC’s Investigation Of Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) Can Kill NFTs
- Axie Infinity Raylights, The New Game You Can Play From Your Browser
- Google Now Allows You To Know The Balance Of Any Ethereum (ETH) Wallet
- Save 10% Buying Your Ledger Crypto Wallet During This Black Friday - 25 de November de 2022
- Cryptocurrency App Development Guide - 22 de October de 2022
- The Best Crypto To Invest In The Last 24 Hours: From $1,000 To $1,310 - 19 de October de 2022