Dogecoin (DOGE) Is Now The 2nd Most Polluting Crypto In The World
✍️ 14 October, 2022 - 16:28 👤 Editor: Jakub Motyka
- Ethereum (ETH) yields to Dogecoin (DOGE) the 2nd position of the world's largest cryptocurrency with PoW (Proof of Work) system.
- There are those who associate the Proof of Work system with a negative role for the environment.
- The latest news about cryptos, in our Telegram channel.
Now that Ethereum (ETH) has completed its Merge to the Proof of Stake (PoS) model, cryptocurrencies based on the Proof of Work (PoW) system they are in the spotlight. In addition to the queen cryptocurrency of the market, Bitcoin (BTC), there is a crypto known to all that has just come to occupy the 2nd place of the largest cryptocurrencies with a PoW system: Dogecoin (DOGE).
If we stick to the idea held by many people that cryptocurrencies with a PoW (Proof of Work) system are the ones that contaminate the most due to consumption energy generated by the equipment on which its blockchain operations validation is based, Dogecoin has just become, therefore, the 2nd most polluting cryptocurrency in the world. planet.
Dogecoin (DOGE) Becomes The 2nd Largest Crypto With PoW System In The World
Filtering the largest cryptocurrencies currently by their market capitalization, and looking only at those that work with PoW (Proof of Work), behind Bitcoin (BTC) there is one more crypto that is well known throughout the world: Dogecoin (DOGE).
Ethereum (ETH) has left the list after its Merge update, which has allowed a hard fork that has taken the crypto to the most-sustainable-with -the-environment system of Proof of Stake (PoS), which is already in place for all users who use this crypto.
In this way, the Top 5 largest cryptos with PoW (Proof of Work) is right now as follows:
- Bitcoin (BTC).
- Dogecoin (DOGE).
- Ethereum Classic ( ETC).
- Litecoin (LTC).
- Monero (XMR).
The Price Of Dogecoin (DOGE) Today Drags Down Before The Ethereum Merge
In recent days, the price of the cryptocurrency Dogecoin (DOGE) has registered several drops at the gates of the Ethereum (ETH) Merge update. It has fallen from $0.06363 at which it was trading on September 13, to the $0.0592 price it has at the time of writing this news today, September 15. September.
More news about cryptos:
- The Ethereum Merge Has Changed Cryptocurrency Mining Forever
- This Is How The Shiba Inu (SHIB) Metaverse Will Look
- The New SWEAT Crypto Is Now Available On Its First Exchange
- Save 10% Buying Your Ledger Crypto Wallet During This Black Friday - 25 de November de 2022
- Cryptocurrency App Development Guide - 22 de October de 2022
- The Best Crypto To Invest In The Last 24 Hours: From $1,000 To $1,310 - 19 de October de 2022
- dogecoin-doge-crypto-coin: Pixabay