Ethereum Classic (ETC): Price Prediction For 2025
✍️ 29 October, 2022 - 6:48 👤 Editor: Jakub Motyka
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) is the smart contracts platform ‘divorced’ with Ethereum in 2016. What is the price prediction of ETC token for 2025?
- The token supply, TVL, and its network security are some of the aspects to consider.
- The latest news about crypto, in our Telegram channel.
Ethereum Classic (ETC) is a smart contract blockchain that separated from the Ethereum mainnet in 2016 after a security breach – The DAO hack. The hack forced the Ethereum developers to split on how to address the security breach. One side demanded that the blockchain should be rebooted to delete it, while another thought it was unnecessary.
The group that opposed the rebooting to the blockchain renamed to Ethereum Classic, while that which adopted it became Ethereum. Ideally, Ethereum Classic is the original Ethereum. The network comprises a blockchain ledger, native ETC tokens, and smart contract (autonomous blockchain programs) capability.
ETC Price Outlook: What Is The Price Prediction For 2025?
Currently, Ethereum Classic (ETC) is exchanging for $24.5, representing a 13% increase in the last week and a 3% decline in the daily outlook. The token ranks #23 with a market valuation of $3 billion. So, what is the price prediction for 2025 in ETC?
According to the experts’ analysis, ETC could rise as high as $77 by 2025. Informing the sentiment is the historical price trend and the fundamental aspects of the blockchain. One of them is the recent Ethereum merge to proof of stake consensus, also referred simply as ‘The Merge’, which strengthened Ethereum Classic's dominance as a proof of work blockchain.
During the run-up to the Merge, the network (Ethereum Classic) recorded an influx of crypto miners ditching the Ethereum network to continue with their mining business on the former.
DeFi, Security, And Token Supply: Can ETC Price Prediction For 2025 Hold?
Despite the total value locked (referring to the cumulative value of the assets in a DeFi protocol) in the Ethereum Classic at $549,036, comparable to Ethereum’s $58 billion, that could change due to an increasing crypto adoption.
Ideally, TVL represents the network’s activity. Blockchains with a higher TVL are more secure because attackers cannot easily take control of the computing power.
Lastly, Ethereum Classic (ETC) has a limited supply of 210 million, unlike its counterpart, Ethereum. How this can pump the price to $77 by 2025 - as the demand for the token goes up, so will the price of ETC, based on demand and supply.
More crypto articles:
- Ethereum (ETH): $15,000 Price Prediction, Is It Possible?
- Cardano (ADA): $500 Price Prediction
- Is Ethereum (ETH) Still A Good Investment?
- What Is Crypto Copy Trading - 28 de March de 2023
- What Does Bitcoin FUD Mean - 28 de March de 2023
- What Is Bull Flag In Crypto And How To Identify It - 28 de March de 2023
- ethereum-classic-etc: CCNull
Leave a Reply