✍️ 16 August, 2022 – 16:25 👤 Editor: Jakub Motyka
- ETHW is a forked token of Ethereum (ETH) that has been created with the intention of maintaining the Proof of Work (PoW) system before the arrival of the great merger.
- The great merger of Ethereum, known as The Merge, will mean the leap to Proof of Stake (PoS) technology. Those who do not agree with this change have supported initiatives such as ETHW.
- The value of ETHW has plummeted in recent days, falling more than 50% to date today.
With the big Ethereum (ETH) merge just around the corner, every time more news related to forks of Ethereum (ETH) will be seen. Forks are nothing more than new projects that are created from an original project due, normally, to the fact that there is some disagreement between the members about the path an idea should follow over time.
That is the case of the ETHW token. Baptized under the name of ETHPoW, it is a forked project of Ethereum (ETH) that seeks to maintain the Proof of Work (PoW) system > now that the main project, with the arrival of The Merge, is going to make the leap to Proof of Stake (PoS) technology. The problem is that, today, the price of ETHW has already plummeted more than 50%.
The Price Of ETHW Falls A Month Before The arrival Of Ethereum 2.0
Those who are not satisfied with the most immediate future of Ethereum (ETH) have not found, for now, a refuge for their savings in the ETHW token. This coin was listed a few days ago on the Poloniex exchange, reaching a price of 141.36 dollars, but at the moment it is falling that has reduced its value to 65.16 dollars.
It remains to be seen which token will really end up with the majority of users dissatisfied with the new Ethereum, for which it will be necessary to wait for the arrival of the hard fork that many voices suggest that it will inevitably take place with the deployment of Ethereum 2.0.
- Hacking A Crypto Wallet Is Possible (But Not Easy)
- Axie Infinity Origin Begins Its Phase 3
- The Acala Network (aUSD) Stablecoin Loses 99% Of Its Value Due To An Exploit
- There has been a new “awakening” of a Satoshi-era crypto wallet. This time, with Ethereum (ETH) - 22 de January de 2024
- Trezor has suffered a security breach. There are 66,000 users affected - 22 de January de 2024
- Terraform Labs files for bankruptcy. Another crypto company that joins Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Law in the United States - 22 de January de 2024