Square Enix Backs Developer Company Zebedee
✍️ 22 July, 2022 - 16:08 👤 Editor: Jakub Motyka
- The famous developer Square Enix has started financing another game developer, Zebedee.
- This investment is made in an effort to boost the industry of cryptocurrencies and the games that use them.
- What can this company offer to the market in the long term?
The giant behind the Final Fantasy games, Square Enix, backs another game developer with Bitcoin (BTC), Zebedee. With this financing, the vineyard of a company with a much longer history,< strong> the small developer hopes to grow. At the same time, this will help them boost their initiative, using the BTC ecosystem over the Ethereum or Solana ecosystem to develop games.
In the round of serial funding B, where Square Enix is participating, is also Kingsway Capital and The Raine Group, reaching USD 35 million. The new investors join the current ones, Initial Capital and Lakestar, in charge of financing the study previously. It is expected that with this new financing, the company will be able to develop more games that include bets or transactions with BTC.
What Does Funding From Square Enix And Other Companies Mean For Zebedee?
The platform created by Zebedee allows other game developers to incorporate micropayments using the Lightning Network. It is also possible for game studios to offer small amounts of BTC as rewards for playing >. All this, while providing them with an application programming interface (API) for other developers. Thanks to this tool, developers can use the necessary technology so that players have access to their rewards.
Early last year, Zebedee showcased its capabilities with the launch of special Counter-Strike: Global Offensive servers. Within this server players could bet and earn rewards in BTC for competing in matches. Since then, the company has caught the interest of several investors who want to venture into the crypto world. It is because of this that Square Enix is financing the company, in an effort to boost the industry based on the blockchain.
Last news about cryptos:
- South Korean Authorities Raid Terraform Labs Offices
- Zipmex Exchange, With Investors Like Coinbase, Suspends Withdrawals
- US Government Officials Must Declare Their NFTs
- Who Is The Creator Of Binance? - 14 de December de 2022
- How Many Satoshis In A Bitcoin? How Many Sats Has 1 BTC? - 28 de November de 2022
- 5 Best Cheap Crypto To Buy Now - 28 de November de 2022