✍️ 29 July, 2022 – 8:01 👤 Editor: Jakub Motyka
- Luca Stealer, a new malware virus, targets cryptocurrency wallet data.
- It has been developed in the Rust programming language.
- What security measures should we take into account to deal with it?
A new type of malware virus has been detected that seeks to steal data from wallets and Web 3.0 applications. This program, called Luca Stealer, has been spreading from various sources since it was first shared on Github on July 3. It mainly affects Microsoft Windows operating systems, but since it is designed in the Rust language, it can be migrated to MacOS and Linux.
Cyble Research Labs conducted a detailed report on the virus earlier in the week. It has caught the attention of a wide variety of crypto security companies, such as Wallet Guard, due to its functionalities. . The malware targets Chromium-based browsers, crypto wallets, chat apps, and games. It is also capable of stealing the data of the victims and modifying the clipboard to try to steal cryptocurrencies.
What Security Measures Should I Take To Protect My Wallets From This Virus?
As with most computer viruses, computers with the Windows operating system can only be infected by downloading files from suspicious emails, extensions or links to pages. They usually rely on phishing and social engineering campaigns on social networks to attract their victims. For this reason, it is vitally important to pay attention to all the pages and content that are downloaded while browsing the Internet.
Ledger Nano X is the highest-end hardware wallet from the Ledger manufacturer. It has absolutely everything so that your cryptos are stored safely.
Computer security researchers recommend avoiding downloading files from untrusted sources. They also suggest clearing browser cache data and changing passwords frequently. Additionally, if you have antivirus software, check that it has an antimalware option and is updated to its latest version.
Related to this headline:
- Best Offline Crypto Wallets You Can Buy
- Whale Alert: What Is And How To Take Advantage Of It
- What Is Slippage Tolerance: Meaning, Which One Should You Use, And More
- Who Is The Creator Of Binance? - 14 de December de 2022
- How Many Satoshis In A Bitcoin? How Many Sats Has 1 BTC? - 28 de November de 2022
- 5 Best Cheap Crypto To Buy Now - 28 de November de 2022
- Wallet-Virus: https://unsplash.com/es/fotos/dYEuFB8KQJk