Dogecoin (DOGE) Will Also Move To Proof Of Stake
✍️ 29 August, 2022 - 18:24 👤 Editor: Jakub Motyka
- Just as Ethereum (ETH) will do in a few weeks, Dogecoin (DOGE) would be exploring the possibility of moving from Proof of Work (PoW) to Proof of Stake (PoS) technology.
- This would mean that it would no longer be possible to mine Dogecoin (DOGE), and the only way to participate in the network would be to stake DOGEs.
- This was revealed by the Dogecoin Foundation in its roadmap for this year 2022.
Ethereum (ETH) will not be the only top cryptocurrency on the market to switch to Proof of Stake (PoS) technology this year. At least, that's what the cryptocurrency roadmap meme reveals for this year 2022, in which the mention of Proof of Stake technology is already included.
The Dogecoin Foundation is expected to reach an agreement with Vitalik Buterin, co-founder of Ethereum (ETH), to work together in a first proposal for Proof of Stake in Dogecoin (DOGE). This would imply leaving behind the mining of DOGE, moving to a model cleaner from the point of view of the environment in which the transactions of Dogecoin they are confirmed with the cryptos in staking that are available in the network.
When Will Proof Of Stake Come To Dogecoin (DOGE)
The big question right now is when will Proof of Stake (PoS) be available on Dogecoin. The answer can be found precisely in the roadmap of the crypto in question: if everything goes according to plan, one of the last tasks of the Dogecoin Foundation for this year is precisely the proposal for Proof of Stake technology.
It is important to point out that this would still be a first phase of approaching the passing from PoW to PoS, which means that the final deployment of the technology would still take months until it is available to everyone.
We will update this content as soon as we know more about the arrival date of Proof of Stake in Dogecoin.
A Minimum Number Of DOGEs Will Be Required To Participate In The Dogecoin Proof Of Stake
As with the passage from Proof of Work (PoW) to Proof of Stake (PoS) in any cryptocurrency, the arrival of Proof of Stake to Dogecoin It will imply that it will be necessary to have a minimum of DOGEs to be able to continue participating in network validations. In the case of Ethereum, for example, that minimum amount has been set at 32 ETH.
More crypto news:
- Bone Crypto: 50% Increase In Bone ShibaSwap Price In A Few Hours
- NFTs Are Dead At OpenSea
- Formula 1 Will Sell NFTs At The 2023 Las Vegas GP
- SEC Accuses Hydrogen Of Manipulating The Price Of Its Crypto HYDRO - 29 de September de 2022
- Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) Burning Cools Down - 29 de September de 2022
- How Many People Own Bitcoin (BTC) In 2022? - 28 de September de 2022