How High Will Bitcoin (BTC) Go In The Next Years
- The most optimistic price prediction expects Bitcoin (BTC) price to reach $250k by 2030.
- Among other factors, bitcoin halving, institutional adoption, and an ease in macroeconomic environment inform the forecast. How high will Bitcoin (BTC) go in the next years?
- The latest news about cryptos, in our Telegram channel.
The Bitcoin (BTC) price is currently $20,623, a change of +0.64% in the past day and +6.61% in the last week. So far, in 2022, Bitcoin price has dropped 55%. What does the the future holds for the largest cryptocurrency? Bitcoin is the first decentralised cryptocurrency (launched in 2009) as a digital asset. It uses public key cryptography to record, sign, and send transactions through bitcoin network without a central authority.
This article will look at some of the predictions for BTC prices in the future. How high can it trade in the next years?
Bitcoin Halving Expected To Boost The Value Of Bitcoin (BTC)
Bitcoin is forecasted to trade at $78,000 and 113,000 in 2025 and 2026. Backing the claim is the bitcoin halving, expected to come as early as 2024, according to the bitcoin halving countdown. Also referred to as 'the halving,' the event will reduce the bitcoin block reward from 6.25 to 3.125. Its significance - by reducing the BTC mining reward supply, inflation rate reduces, and the price goes up.
Elsewhere, BTC price prediction from Finder - a panel of industry experts - is at $80,000 by 2025. The research firm also predicts that the value of the proof of work token will be more than $21,000 by the close of the year. Finder's prediction is also pegged on the expected halving and the easing of the current macroeconomic factors (high inflation rate, Russian invasion of Ukraine, and the crypto regulatory pressure.)
Latest Data Shows Institutional Investors Continue to Invest In Bitcoin (BTC)
Another more bullish prediction places the price of the 'digital gold' at $100,000 by 2025, and $250,000 by 2030, with a market capitalization as high as $200 trillion in the next 8 years. Supporting this elevated prediction is the rising institutional adoption. Brokerage firm Bernstein in its October report, observed that asset managers continued to allocate funds to BTC in their portfolio despite the crypto winter.
Last on our aggregated BTC price predictions is the Bitcoin rainbow chart, which also projects the price of BTC to rise to $100,000 by 2025. The chart by Holger CEO Über Holger, uses algorithmic regression. Despite the algorithmic aspect, it lacks a scientific backing, something investors should be cautious about.
Other factors under consideration in the price prediction of BTC are a tightening monetary policies and a strengthening dollar. Following the current high rate of inflation (mentioned above) this year, central banks, including the US Federal Reserve, hiked interest rates to unprecedented levels. The impact has scared investors away from riskier assets like cryptos.
More crypto articles:
- Bitcoin SV (BSV): Price Prediction For 2025
- Polkadot (DOT): Price Prediction For 2025
- How High Will Ethereum (ETH) Go In The Next Years
- What Are The Ledger Nano X Supported Coins - 1 de December de 2022
- What Is The Ripple (XRP) Price Prediction In The Long Term? - 30 de November de 2022
- What Is The Future Of Dogecoin (DOGE) For 2023? - 29 de November de 2022
- how-high-will-bitcoin-btc-go: Unsplash