If I Invest $100 In Bitcoin (BTC) Today, What Can I Expect?
✍️ 29 November, 2022 - 18:56 👤 Editor: Jakub Motyka
- 100 USD is equivalent to the amount of Bitcoin (BTC) you will see ahead at the current market rate.
- There is a possibility of a profit or a loss in any Bitcoin (BTC) investment. Below we explore some of them, read this before investing your $100 in Bitcoin.
- The latest news about cryptos is on our Telegram channel.
For 100 USD, you will get in this moment this amount of Bitcoin:
So what happens if you invest $100 in Bitcoin (BTC) today? Well, if you are lucky, the price will go up, and you will make a profit. Otherwise, it could drop, and you could make a loss. It all depends on the market dynamics. But before you invest in the asset, there are a few things you need to know:
What Is Bitcoin, And What Drives Its Value?
Bitcoin (BTC) is a decentralized currency created in 2009 by an individual (or a group of individuals) named Satoshi Nakamoto. BTC is gaining popularity as a medium of exchange and as a store of value. Although it is yet to reach full adoption, Bitcoin maximalists believe that once it goes mainstream, its value will rise.
Currently, Bitcoin derives its price from demand, supply, and the general market sentiment. Once the digital currency has more investors and use cases, it is bound to rise, according to pundits. The technology around privacy, autonomy, and security is backing the claim.
Can You Lose Your Investment If You Buy $100 Of Bitcoin (BTC) Today?
Bitcoin (BTC) price is very volatile, and one can lose all of their investment. It happens if you sell your BTC at the wrong time – (i.e., when it is valued lower than when you bought it.) At the time of this writing, BTC – also ranked the largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization – had lost 64% from a high of $46,300 year-to-date. For investors who bought the asset that high, selling it now means incurring huge losses.
Should You Trade Or Hold Bitcoin (BTC) Right Now?
It depends on your investment strategy and what you seek to achieve. If you are looking to profit from short-term price movements, trade BTC. But for investors aiming to benefit from the long-term price action, holding it is a better strategy. Due to the nature of cryptos, this article should not be used as an investment advice, investors are advised to do their own research.
After reading this article, check also the Bitcoin price prediction for 2025, the BTC price prediction for 2030, and what the rainbow chart shows about the future of this crypto.
More crypto articles:
- What Is The Bitcoins (BTC) Future After This Crypto Winter?
- Ripple (XRP) Court Case Prediction: What Can Happen?
- How Many Satoshis In A Bitcoin? How Many Sats Has 1 BTC?
- What Is Crypto Copy Trading - 28 de March de 2023
- What Does Bitcoin FUD Mean - 28 de March de 2023
- What Is Bull Flag In Crypto And How To Identify It - 28 de March de 2023