Polygon (MATIC) Will Work With Starbucks For Its Crypto Project
✍️ 13 October, 2022 - 15:27 👤 Editor: Jakub Motyka
- Starbucks will launch a rewards program using NFTs on the Polygon blockchain (MATIC).
- Polygon was selected due to its low consumption and sustainability, by using the PoS method.
- Other companies such as Coca-Cola and Netflix have already started similar projects within Polygon.
Starbucks, the renowned international coffee shop brand, has decided to venture into web 3 with its own NFT game within the Polygon (MATIC) blockchain. It will be a rewards program called Starbucks Odyssey, which will use non-fungible token technology to offer a new experience to its customers.
Starbucks Odyssey will offer rewards to Starbucks Rewards members and employees of its branches in the United States. With them, you can earn and buy collectible digital assets that "unlock access to new benefits and immersive coffee experiences". The official launch through the Polygon network will be this year, and the waiting list will be available from September 12.
What Will The Starbucks Game Be Like?
Starbucks Odyssey participants will be able to do a series of activities, ranging from interactive games to fun challenges to learn more about coffee. Once completed, you will receive “travel stamps” in NFT format within the Polygon network. These will have a value according to their rarity, within the application market, and can be purchased without the need to use cryptocurrencies.
As users collect more travel stamps, their membership experience will increase, unlocking access to new experiences. Each stamp will feature an iconic Starbucks illustration, and have been created in conjunction with the company's different partners and external artists. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the limited edition stamps will be donated to support the causes of the creators.
Polygon Is The Preferred Blockchain For Corporate NFT Projects
The company is doing everything possible to reduce its carbon, water and waste footprint to a minimum. For this reason, Starbucks has chosen Polygon for its new NFT game, being one of the main Proof of Stake networks in the world of cryptocurrencies.
Unlike Bitcoin, which uses a PoW model, the energy consumption of PoS networks is minimal. Similarly, other companies such as Coca-Cola and Netflix have decided to start their own projects within the network for the same reason.
Latest crypto news:
- Huobi Removes 7 Cryptos From Its Exchange: Withdraw Your Money Now
- Cardano (ADA) Price Prediction: Next Stop $0.61?
- Is VeChain (VET) Compatible With The Ledger Cold Wallet?
- Who Is The Creator Of Binance? - 14 de December de 2022
- How Many Satoshis In A Bitcoin? How Many Sats Has 1 BTC? - 28 de November de 2022
- 5 Best Cheap Crypto To Buy Now - 28 de November de 2022
Leave a Reply